There are many great reasons to become a nurse, but what better way to hear them than straight from the horse’s mouth? Friends from Missouri Health Careers recently posted this entry written by Sandy Schilli, RN, OCN on their blog. To read more entries from Missouri Health Careers click here .
David Letterman has his nightly Top Ten, and one of our frequent contributors shares her Top 12 list countdown on why she loves nursing. Do you agree? What do you think is the best reason for having a health care career.
- #12 Providing a specialty service to my community (cancer care) gives me additional drive to be the best I can be.
- #11 I earn an above average salary to do what I love.
- #10 I can go home at the end of a day knowing I made a difference in at least one person’s life with my skill, knowledge and compassion.
- #9 I love playing detective and figuring out what is wrong with a patient, and then getting confirmation from the doctor that I was correct!
- #8 The job security is awesome, especially in such frightening economic times.
- #7 It’s a joy working with other nurses who are detailed, vigilant and compassionate. The nurses with whom I currently work are the BEST!
- #6 Nursing is not a stagnant career. Opportunities, growth and choices are boundless.
- #5 Nursing has taught me to be humble. I can’t know everything about everything, but I do know where to find the answers.
- #4 I learn something new nearly every day.
- #3 I challenged every day with complex problems and issues.
- #2 I am an advocate for the patients and help them through the complex journey of cancer care.
- #1 Every day is different! Never the same day twice!
Do you know a nurse? Ozarks Community Hospital is looking for RN’s with a passion for health care and we’re ready to hire.
Contact Evan in Human Resources at (417) 837-4104 for more information. Or visit, www.ochonline.com/healthcare-opportunities to find out why OCH is more than a workplace. Want more? Listen to what our employees have to say: