OCH is joining the state-wide effort to help educate and enroll Arkansans in a quality and affordable health insurance before the February 15 deadline.
Here are five of the most important things residents should know about when buying insurance on the marketplace:
- IT’S NOT AS PRICEY AS YOU THINK: The Marketplace helps uninsured people find affordable health coverage. Estimate your premium here: https://www.healthcare.gov/see-plans/
- EXEMPTIONS EXIST: Consumers are required to have health coverage in 2015 or you may pay a penalty fee. However, you may qualify for an exemption or a special enrollment period. Find out if you are exempt here: https://www.healthcare.gov/fees-exemptions/
- PENTALTIES ARE EXPENSIVE: In 2015, penalties will be $325 per person, or 2% of your income (whichever is higher). Ouch!
- YOU MAY ALREADY BE COVERED AND NOT KNOW IT. You’re considered covered if you have Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, any job-based plan, any plan you bought yourself, COBRA, retiree coverage, TRICARE, VA health coverage, or some other kinds of health coverage.
- TIME IS RUNNING OUT! The Marketplace Open Enrollment deadline for 2015 coverage is February 15, 2015, unless you qualify for an exemption or special enrollment period.
Have questions, or need assistance enrolling? OCH of Gravette has local, trained enrollment staff (CAC’s) on hand in Gravette, Ark. to address questions and assist with enrollment before the Feb. 15 deadline.
CALL OUR GRAVETTE, AR REPRESENTATIVE FOR HELP!
Call Melissa at 479-344-6724 or email ARmarketplaceinfo@ochonline.com to ask questions, set up an appointment or sign up! Ozarks Community Hospital is located at 1101 S. Jackson Street SW in Gravette, Ark.